Swirly Strawberry Cashew Pots
25th October 2017
Cashew nuts make a surprisingly creamy purée when soaked and blended. They are also rich in minerals, including magnesium, zinc and iron.
9 - 12 months
Serves 2–3 (babies/young children)
- 60g/2½oz cashew nuts
- 2 soft pitted dates, chopped 100g/3½oz strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Put the rice in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15–18 minutes or until the grains of rice are tender and creamy.
- While the rice is cooking, place the peas and leeks in a separate pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes or until tender, then drain.
- Tip the vegetables and mint into a food processor, or use a hand blender, and blitz to a purée.
- Drain the rice and return it to the pan, then add the butter, most of the Parmesan and vegetable purée, and stir until combined. Using the back of a fork, mash the risotto to a creamy consistency then sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan.