Blueberry, Apple & Spinach puree
25th October 2017
Makes 200ml/7fl oz | ❄ Suitable for freezing (10 ice cubes)
From 6 months
If you’re struggling to get your baby to eat green veg, which is inherently bitter, then combining it with fruit may help. In this purée, the vitamin C present in the blueberries and apple helps the body absorb the iron in the spinach more efficiently. Frozen blueberries are used for easier blending, though you could use fresh ones instead.
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 100g/3½oz frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- 15g/½oz baby leaf spinach
- Put the apple in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the blueberries and spinach, and cook for another 3 minutes or until everything is tender.
- Place the apple, blueberries and spinach, along with any water left in the pan, in a food processor, or use a hand blender, and purée until smooth. Add a splash of cooled boiled water, if needed